Modern electric fireplaces feature realistic flames that have been able to simulate the charm of robust crackling flames in amazing fashion. Technology and innovation have led to various optical techniques that have created some of the most realistic electric fireplaces on the market. Everything from LED lighting, hologram images, and videos of actual wood burning fireplaces have been used in search of the most realistic electric fireplace.
While detailed information on new innovations provides technical backing, we’ve included videos to let you see just how real electric fireplaces can look. Seeing is believing!
View a comparison between Classic Flame vs Dimplex.
The Most Realistic Electric Fireplace
Sourcing a quality electric fireplace can be difficult if not impossible. You have to travel to a specialty store to find engineered fireplaces that don’t just aim to meet your budget without any regard for durability and heating capacity.
We’ve put together this list of The 5 Most Realistic Electric Fireplaces to showcase some of the most revolutionary products. Each of the units on this list were carefully chosen after being reviewed based upon flame simulation, sound, and other unique criteria.
1. Dimplex Optimyst Electric Fireplace – 3D Flame complete with Ash and Pulsating Embers – $949-$2,249
Dimplex has been at the forefront of the electric fireplace industry for years. They virtually birthed the industry into existence with the invention of Patented 3D Flame Technology back in 1995. The Dimplex Optimyst uses Ultrasonic Technology to create a virtual flame that is accompanied by a water vapor that gives off the appearance of smoke. This is the first ever of its kind.
Patented Optiglo LED Logs create an authentic fire around the hearth as hand-finished logs pulsate with a vibrancy that is visually alluring. Above you can see a visual demonstration to see just how realistic this electric fireplace looks! Just last year Dimplex unveiled 5 unique Optimyst models. Below is the 28” Dimplex Optimyst II Insert that has been upgraded and fine-tuned to create the illusion of fire and smoke. This unit is Available for Purchase online from Portable Fireplace.com!
2. Multi-Fire XD Firebox – $799-$1,249
The Multi-Fire XD is an all new fireplace that has the ability to produce 7 types of fires. The Multi Fire XD displays flames that look like a natural wood burning fire, gas flames, and a kaleidoscope of colored flames. You also have the ability to set your own custom theme to create the flame display of your choice.
The Multi-Fire XD has two firebox options; log set and acrylic ember bed. The Realogs Set comes with the latest 2nd generation patented inner glow technology. The logs are actually molded from hand selected firewood so they don’t just look like fake logs. They actually glow with burning embers that simulate the way that real wood burning fires look.
The acrylic ember bed givs off the fire and ice effect. It’s ideal for modern and contemporary home settings. The Multi-Fire XD also comes with gWave technology that allows you to control your fire with the wave of a hand. Best of all, it’s the most energy efficient electric fireplace, operating at 11% below the consumption rates of conventional electric fireplaces.
*** View All available Sizes by visiting this page.***
3. Dimplex Opti-V – $3,699-$5,699
The Opti-V is arguably the latest and greatest electric fireplace on the market. Awarded the Vesta Award for Best Electric Product at the 2013 Hearth Industry Trade Show, this electric unit continues to push the envelope of innovation. When LCD TV’s were all the rage, many were stunned to realize how much LED TV’s could improve visual performance. In a similar fashion, the Opti-V has set a new standard and raised the bar completely.
The Opti-V uses some of the latest in Electric Flame Technology. This model is purely aesthetic and does not provide heat. Dimplex has been able to capture the realistic sound of a crackling fire, glowing embers, and smoke in an imaginative new product that expands the horizon. Watch the short video clip below to see what Trade Show attendees had to say about the Opti-V when they witnessed it in person.
***The Opti-V will be available in the Fall of 2014 is now available!***
4. Purifire Electric Fireplace – $999-$2,249
The Purifire Electric Fireplace comes with the same great flame technology that Dimplex is known for. What makes the Purifire special is that it actually doubles as an air purifier. The Purifire is available in 11 different models, providing up to 5,120 BTU’s which is more than enough to heat a large 20’ x 20’ room. While heating your home, it removes mold, pollen, danger and other household allergens that pollute the air inside your home.
The Purifire Electric Fireplace allows you to adjust the speed of the flame to create a slow burning, romantic fireplace or switch to a rich and robust fire that fills the room.
5. Chambord Electric Fireplace from Ambella Home -$3,234
Ambella Home is a well-known brand in the Home Furnishing Industry and for good reason. Their expertise, craftsmanship, and design have all been duly noted in everything from family dining tables to bathroom vanities. The Chambord Electric Fireplace is set with flickering logs that behave in the same manner that real flames would. This deep inner glow is what gives this electric fireplace such a realistic appearance.
You can also adjust your flame to create the type of fire that is fitting. Flame Action Control allows you to adjust the size and speed of dancing flames at the click of a button. This is one of the most realistic electric fireplaces on the market and it comes with a handsome Mahogany Mantel. Available on Portable Fireplace.com for $3,234.00 with Free Shipping! Learn more here!
Which One is the Best?
So, that’s all good and great but which one is the most realistic?
- If you are solely looking for the most realistic then the Opti-Myst is hands down the most realistic electric fireplace on the market. Not only because of the flame effect but the water vapor technology that simulates smoke. It combines all of the best features rolled into one amazing display.
- The Opti-Virtual is the most realistic display unit. I say display unit because the Opti-V does not produce heat. All of the technology for this fireplace was invested in producing the most realistic flame display. It’s ideal for commercial venues where it’s not intended to provide heat but rather set the tone with a romantic and glowing ambiance.
- The Multi-Fire XD provides customization and variety. You can make the flames change red, blue, purple, and green. The flame display is very realistic but it is a bit more contemporary in the sense that the flames are even more colorful than traditional fireplaces.
- Although the Purifire isn’t the most realistic on this list, it is an option if you’re interested in indoor air quality. That’s not to say that it has a poor flame display; by no means. It still has LED logs with patented inner glow technology with pulsating embers. The logs are hand finished so they don’t have a manufactured look. Craftsmen add an artistic touch meaning that no two logs are the same.
To view our entire selection, Visit our Homepage to find the Lowest Prices Guaranteed. We offer Free Shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states.
More of the Latest Electric Fireplaces
- The Complete Collection of Dimplex Opti-Myst Fireplaces
- Best Electric Fireplace Inserts Under $500 – Bang for Your Buck
- New Infrared Electric Fireplace Inserts from Classic Flame
- 6 Electric Fireplaces with Hidden Drawers
- Twinstar Home Electric Fireplaces
About the Author
Megan Meyer is an interior design consultant focusing on crisp modern interiors with a tinge of retro styling. She offers design and consulting services for residential and commercial spaces. Follow her for fool proof design tips for everyday homeowners.